Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Product Review Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff

Anyone who knows me will know that I LOVE fake tan! The miserable Irish weather really does me no favours and a golden glow makes me feel instantly happy! Tanning experts will know there is a lot more to the process than simply slapping on some product. There is stages! In my opinion, the most important part of the process is preparing your skin by exfoliating. This step is also useful post tanning to get rid of any patchiness!



Exfoliation is very important generally, as it helps to buff away any dead skin and ensures a smooth and glowing complexion. While you can get away with using a gentle scrub on the face you need something more substantial to use on the rough areas of the body. This is where Tough Stuff comes in! 


I was completely aware of the hype surrounding the Cocoa Brown brand yet I still hadn't actually tried it for myself! I am one of those extremely brand loyal girls and if I find something that works for me I usually stick with it. I was given a tube of the famous Tough Stuff exfoliating scrub to try at a blogger event last week and couldn't wait to get down to business! This product is absolutely fantastic! 

When I first squeezed it out of the bright pink tube I fell in love! The product is also a gorgeous pink colour and contains lots of fine grainy particles. It smells divine and was a real treat to use. 


I applied it using long, sweeping movements before rinsing. If you wanted an extra thorough scrub you could use with exfoliating gloves but to be honest with you I found the product alone to be sufficient. Tough Stuff is also kind enough on skin to be used 3 to 4 times a week so you no longer have any excuses for that rough skin and patchy tan! Cocoa Brown do not advise you to use this scrub on your face however. 

After my shower my skin was left feeling super smooth and glowing even before I applied my body lotion. I am highly impressed with this product and cannot wait to try the other products in the Cocoa  Brown range.

No comments:

Post a Comment