Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 May 2014

Style Statement: Timberland Boots

If I have learned anything about fashion over my 23 years it is to trust your instinct. If someone who really hasn't a notion questions what you're wearing or sniggers, ignore them! While working in a high street shoe store a few years ago I decided it would be a good idea to invest in a pair of Timberland boots. 
They were trendy at the time but they were also one of the most expensive pairs of shoes we sold, therefore taking full advantage of my employee discount! I did get my wear out of them until it became time to retire them to the back of the wardrobe as the trend died off. 
I rediscovered them during the winter while tidying my wardrobe and after seeing Khloe Kardashian rocking her Timbs on KUWTK I was fully sure I was ready to embrace my inner ratchet once again! 

I think I wore them with straight leg denims to my boyfriend's house one evening and provided him with hours of entertainment! I believe he even snapchatted pictures of my feet to his friends list because he thought I looked like a "wan"! Cruel I know! After that episode I wasn't feeling as good about my choice of footwear. The Timbs were once again retired to the back of the closet. 
It wasn't until I visited London on a shopping trip a couple months later til I realised how cool I actually was! Lol! They were the footwear to be seen in. Every second girl aged 16-30 was rocking fresh Timbs with denims or jeggings and a statement handbag (Michael Kors, LV and Prada were all spotted!) Proof that Timberlands were no longer the choice shoe for chavs. 

Through all my style stalking on this trip I have been convinced that Timberlands are seriously stylish. More recently I've seen lots of celebs wearing this shoe trend and you only have to switch on MTV to see them being styled in all the latest music videos. 
Urban chic is definitely filtering into the highstreet season after season and this is one way to wear the trend. The key however, is to let your shoes do the talking. Keep the rest of your outfit simple by working with denims, a cami or plain vest top particularly longer length versions, boyfriend shirts or a slouchy tee. Accessorize with a pair of gold hoops if you dare! A sleek ponytail (think Khloe K not Croydon facelift!) or some loose waves and simple nude makeup looks fab with the urban chic look. 
Now more importantly, what not to do! There is a fine line between urban chic and ghetto hoochie. Keep the rest of your palette simple, choose a couple colours and commit to those! If you want to brighten the look wear a white denim jean. Anything too girly or garish completely takes from the look, it is meant to be a little edgy even masculine. Over accessorising is a big no no here that means no bling! A simple chain or watch and a pair of earrings will suffice. Avoid over tanning, false lashes, big curly hair and bright makeup or else you'll look like Christina Aguileara in her Dirrrty days!
 So you see ladies Timberlands are no longer restricted to rappers and lumberjacks! Once styled appropriately they can look very chic and fashion forward. And remember trust you're instincts, you are cool!
(BeauHeaux Blog do not own the rights to any of these photos. We just repost pics from Instagram and Tumblr that we feel portray the style we are trying to show. We are not trying to infringe on any copyright!)

No comments:

Post a Comment