Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 November 2014

What I Wore- Vintage Glam

Yesterday was probably my first Saturday in nearly a year that I wasn't working! (Gotta love retail!) Having a weekend off in such a novelty so I really had to make the most of it. My boyfriend took me out for dinner and so I spent the day getting all glammed up! Recently, I have been really inspired by vintage fashion. I think particularly at this time of the year in the lead up to Christmas it is lovely to indulge in some extra glam and take advantage of the flattering, ladylike silhouettes of years gone by. My inspiration for last night's glam was a little bit Dita Von Teese a little bit Mad Men! 



I purchased my animal print wiggle dress on asos a few weeks ago and was quite nervous about wearing this style. As soon as I tried it on I fell in love! I feel that this dress would do wonders for any body type. It has a high, nipped in waist which gives a gorgeous hourglass shape. There is extra volume at the hips which could give a slim girl the appearance of  a curvaceous figure but the extra fabric here will also conceal a multitude if you are conscious of your middle. This dress was quite long and came down to my shin (I'm 5 foot 5). However, it didn't shorten me like I expected it too. I felt very ladylike and refined last night yet the animal print and sky high heels made the look sexy. 



I purchased these heels on office.co.uk and they are very similar to the Louboutin Pigalle style. They're about 5 inches high so you only really just teeter around in them, I wouldn't advise a night of dancing at all they nearly killed me in Marbella! As the dress was such a statement piece I kept all my accessories simple. Black shoes, bag and my trusty Moschino belt to cinch in my waist. 
I continued the vintage theme to my hair and makeup. 



It's difficult to see my hair in these pictures but I wore it parted to the side with a brushed out curl a la Dita. My makeup look was a real change for me as I'm a terror for falling back on the old reliable smoky eye and nude lip! I started by using a mattifying gel on my skin to take away any shine before applying my foundation. I kept my blush and highlighter minimal and just added a little flush to my cheeks. I went with the compulsory cat eye on my eyes using MAC's gel liner in Blacktrack and finished with some false lashes. On my lips I lined with MAC Cherry liner and finished my look with Russian Red lipstick which I think would look fab on all complexions. This is definitely a look I will be trying again over the festive period! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment