Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 November 2014

To bleach or not to bleach...

When I first saw this trend it was on the runway and Kendall Jenner instantly springs to mind, having to wear this look while modelling for both Marc Jacobs and Givenchy. 


As part of a runway show, I get it. It's very high fashion and brings a uniformity to each model in the show, like they are an army of eyebrow less, willowy creatures sent from space a few times a year to participate in fashion week. 


As with all trends these looks eventually filter down to the celebrity world and eventually us mere mortals will give it our best shot. This is where the problem lies! I am the eyebrow queen, I love them! The thicker and darker the better for me. I could go weeks without touching my brows and that's fine by me. Even after I have applied my makeup I will always go along and touch up my already strong brows because in my opinion a good brow is crucial in framing your entire face. Lots of us regular girls aren't blessed with the high cheek bones, strong jaw lines and full lips of those supermodels. We need something to compensate, a defining feature on our face. Eyebrows!!! 


It's fine for the likes of Kim K to experiment with this look her face is like something sculpted by a renaissance artist and Miley can get away with just about anything because she is Miley! This is just one of those trends that I cannot deal with. I will let you girls make up your own minds however and if you are interested in achieving the look I do have some tips for you.


 Unless you have another very striking facial feature such as high cheek bones or pillowy lips avoid this trend, you will look like an alien! Do not under any circumstances use the same peroxide you would use to bleach your head! Use a facial bleach which will be much milder and cause less damage to your brows and less irritation to your skin. Please, please, please be careful of your peepers, you only have one set and if you can get someone else to help you! Let's see if this one catches on!

No comments:

Post a Comment