Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 December 2014

Vogue Gold Fashion Night Out

Those of you who follow me on social media will know that on my recent visit to London I had the opportunity of attending Vogue's Gold Fashion Night Out. Vogue run a few of these nights each year and it is pretty much a huge shopping party! The Gold event took place in The Village at Westfield, London City which is the designer wing of the shopping centre. I can honestly say the night was amazing! Even my boyfriend, who had been sceptical to begin with, really enjoyed himself. 



The event was due to kick off at 6.30 pm sharp. Despite arriving ahead of time and queuing for around half an hour I unfortunately didn't manage to get a goody bag but I still received my Vogue Gold Card which meant I could gain entry to the various events and avail of the fantastic discounts on offer. As soon as we entered The Village we were greeted by lots of very glamorous fashionistas waiting to register for the event. The registration desks were even set up beautifully and adorned with large vases of fresh flowers. A DJ was playing live in the centre of the mall and the atmosphere was fantastic, it really put me in the Christmas spirit! 


After registration we decided to check out the luxury goods on offer. Stores such as Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co, Ted Baker, House of Fraser and Kurt Geiger all participated. Our first port of call was Kurt Geiger. There was a waiter handing out complimentary Bellinis and little miniature cupcakes to all of the fashionistas in attendance. You could also have your footwear fortune told, yes really!!! There was also a manicurist on hand, see what I did there?! After a browse around I decided to pick up a Christmas gift and was delighted to receive my discount with my Vogue Gold Card. 


Our next stop was House of Fraser who also happened to be in the middle of a 3 day event, so the reductions here were fantastic. Absolut Vodka had a bar set up at the rear of the store and one of their mixologists prepared us a delicious cocktail, it tasted like those really sour cherry sweets from when you were a kid! There was also staff handing out oeurs d'oeuvres as the live dj set took place. You could also get your face on your very own Vogue cover here! Every store really participated and encouraged the customer to spend with them. Some of British Vogue's editors in beauty and fashion were also pressent on the night to pass on their knowledge to curious readers. The evening also marked the launch of Naomi Campbell's Fashion For Relief pop up shop. The shop was open for one week only and filled with goods from designers and celebrities. 100% of all profits were going towards fighting Ebola. The woman herself even attended on the night! After browsing the shops for a couple of hours we decided to have a little treat at Searcy's Champagne bar before returning to our hotel. 


The night itself was very well organised and appeared to run very smoothly. I will definitely be attending a Vogue event again but next time I'll be arriving super early to make sure I get a goodie bag!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing night! I would love to attend one of these events sounds like my sort of fun :)
    Lucy x
    www.lucyabbaszadeh.co.uk

    ReplyDelete