Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 December 2014

Rest & Relaxation at Vanilla Browns

December has been a very hectic month between work, finishing up my course and just life in general. I decided I really needed a spa day Christmas week so I booked in to Vanilla Browns at The Absolute Hotel in Limerick. Just what the doctor ordered! I headed in on my day off  and was stressed up to my eyeballs as I was also handing up my final course assignment that day. The girls in Vanilla Browns somehow managed to get me to forget about life for a few hours. I left feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and ready for Christmas! For my treatments I chose to have a hot stone back massage, a facial and also visited their hair salon where I was treated to a hair treatment and a curly blow dry.

Escape Spa @ Vanilla Browns

The spa is located on the first floor of The Absolute hotel which is situated in Limerick city centre. 

The Absolute Hotel, Limerick

Upon entering it is not like your typical day spa. Both the spa and the hair salon have a shared reception area so it is a bit more bustling then you would expect. I was seated while I filled out a form regarding my health, skin condition etc. I was also given a heated cloth to warm my hands which was a lovely touch on a chilly day! 

The spa manager Kelly introduced me to my therapist and I was guided to the treatment room. The spa itself is actually a lot bigger than I had expected and the treatment room was gorgeous. The therapist gave me a few minutes to settle in before returning for my hot stone massage. It was absolutely heavenly! I was able to completely zone out and enjoy the experience. I had some tenderness in my shoulders for a couple days after but I feel like a new woman now! Would definitely recommend this treatment for those who carry tension around their shoulders and also for pure relaxation. 

Hot stone massage

My second treatment of the day was a facial. Firstly my therapist assessed my skin and chose products accordingly. To be quite honest with you I am unsure what steps were to follow as I dozed off! My skin was glowing afterwards and felt so hydrated. 

After my beauty treatments I spent some time in the relaxation room. I was presented with a little dessert and fresh water while I continued to unwind in the candle lit suite. Just as I was on the verge of snoozing again my hair stylist for the day, Rachael, guided me to the salon. She first started by shampooing my hair before applying a treatment. I was then seated under a dryer for a few minutes while the solution got to work. She then worked her magic! My hair is quite dry and gets knotty quite easily but Rachael managed to give me a lovely soft and smooth finish with plenty of volume and bounce.

 This salon also has one of the best views in Limerick by far! You are literally suspended above the river while getting your blow dry and it definitely beats staring at a blank wall any day! The spa manager Kelly, informed me that the group were at the early stages of rebranding and were very excited for the coming months. I cannot wait for my next visit to Vanilla Browns and I'm sure that following their rebrand the spa and salon will be absolutely fabulous. If you are planning a girly break or perhaps a valentines getaway why not have a look at their website http://vanillabrowns.com Also, anyone planning a night out over the remainder of the festive period, Vanilla Browns are currently offering an up style and makeup application for just €35.


No comments:

Post a Comment