Powered By Blogger

Sunday 6 April 2014

Product Review: Rescue Oil

I embarked on my weight loss journey in February and in just a couple of months have lost a stone. I now have more energy, my fitness has improved and my clothes continue to get looser. However, one unexpected side effect was the development of stretch marks on my hips and the tops of my thighs. I was quite surprised as this is normally something you'd associate wih pregnancy and weight gain and I have been really good consuming litres of water every day and using a good body lotion also. As I plan on continuing with my weight loss journey I decided I had better find a solution for this little problem. I spotted Rescue Oil when perusing the cosmetics aisle at my local supermarket. 



The first thing that jumped at me was the price, at around €9 for a 150ml it is about the same price as the tiniest bottle of another well known body oil. Excellent value for money! I decided to take a chance and pick up a bottle. It's been around a month since I began using this product and I have to say I am really impressed! What were once angry red marks have faded to a pinkish colour and hopefully with continued use will become hardly noticeable. More importantly no new stretch marks have developed! I have used this oil twice daily on the specific areas and have even added a few drops to my bath once or twice for extra soft skin. You can also use it on very dry skin, blemishes and as an after sun treatment so I will definitely be packing it in my suitcase for holidays! It is such a great multi purpose product it is really worth trying for yourself. I have even used the excess product left on my hands after use as a leave in treatment for split ends! (It doesn't recommend this on the box but it hasn't done any harm!) The oil itself is pleasantly scented and glides easily into the skin. As with all oil based products I would be careful of clothing when applying, I tend to apply when I've got my pajamas on! I really should have taken pictures at the beginning to show the difference but will post some in a few weeks to show the improvement with prolonged use. 



Despite using this product every day I still have about a quarter of a bottle left after a few weeks use! I would definitely recommend this as an addition to any girls body care routine even if you don't have stretch marks. 75% of all women will get then at some stage so prevention is definitely better than cure! I would definitely recommend buying this and seeing for yourselves. It is a great multi purpose product at a fantastic price, what's not to love?!

No comments:

Post a Comment