Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Beauty Review: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Over the years I have tried an abundance of different foundations in an attempt to achieve the perfect complexion. I have tested budget friendly products and higher end ones. My skin is reasonably good; not too oily, not too dry and as of yet I don't have any signs of aging to cover so I consider my face to be a fairly good canvas on which to trial what is available on the market. 

Personally I like the look of makeup, I like to look like I'm wearing makeup. However, I also expect my foundation to look seamless on my face. I know, I am fairly particular! In the past I have found that lots of foundations apply fine but after a while oxidise making the colour change giving me tide marks. Not pretty! It is particularly evident as I have quite fair Irish skin. I also look for something with staying power. I work long shifts and need my face to stay in tact all day. My foundation needs to have longevity as I think using a lot of powder can make your face look caked or worse still, cling to those little fair hairs on your skin. No one likes a bearded lady!

 I have tried many different formulas and over the last few years stuck with MAC products; they were good quality and had extensive choice of colours and nice coverage. However, I was never entirely happy. Some oxidised on my skin leaving orangey patches, others didn't last as long as I needed. I was inspired to try Armani Luminous Silk after noticing that one of my favourite makeup artists Amrezy, posted about it quite a bit on Instagram. I loved the luminous glow and polished finish it have her.



 As I live in Ireland the retailers of Giorgio Armani Coametics are few and far between. It is available in Brown Thomas Dublin and on their website. I did my research online and used forums to determine what shade would suit me best, basing my search against my MAC shade of NC20. I decided that shade 4 was for me. I placed my order online and within a couple days had my foundation. 

It comes in a frosted bottle so you have to pump some out to see the true colour. In terms of consistency it was much lighter and runnier then the solutions I had become accustomed to. This foundation has a buildable coverage. I would use one pump for a light, natural finish and 2 for better coverage. Bare in mind this foundation gives a luminous finish so I don't know how well it would look on oily skin. Also even with 2/3 pumps freckles are still visible which I personally like. I would recommend
using a good primer in conjunction with this foundation to even out skin and perfect it in order to get the best and most luminous finish. All in all I would give this foundation a 9 out of 10. It applies like a dream, it lasts for hours, the finish is beautiful and although it is expensive the bottle will last for ages. The only fault I have is that perhaps the coverage may not be enough for everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment