Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 July 2014

Open for business......

I am a typical girl and always complain about having nothing to wear. It was only recently when I gave my wardrobe a good spring clean that I realised the abundance of stuff I actually possess! Lots of it I hadn't even put on in ages and  to admit I really wasn't likely to wear it again. It seemed so wasteful to put it into recycling, I'm paranoid that my really pretty stuff will some day be made into a cloth to clean someone's toilet! I have also seen tv shows about those charity recycling banks where lots of the clothing is stolen by organised criminal gangs or else is sold to some commercial enterprise and very little of the profits is actually received by the charity. I decided I would sell what I could and use the money to invest in some new season gear. In the past I've used ebay to sell items but found this rather annoying and tedious. Today I decided to take the plunge and download Depop which I have heard lots about. Within 5 minutes my account was set up and my first item up for sale! I also followed a few people on it myself and while I don't really like the idea of wearing someone else's pre worn items, if I see something I like who knows what will happen! If any of you decide to download the app you can follow me @sophiebeauheauxblog and I'll follow back! 

1 comment:

  1. I really wish I could get depop on my Android, looks such a great site.
    Good luck with selling everything, I should probably take a leaf out of your book
    xx
    http://dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete